- 14:1-5 – A special song of praise was reserved for the 144,000 righteous ones who were set apart.
- 14:13 – Traditionally, Jews believed death was a separation from God. This suggests that now death is a good thing because one can rest.
- 14:14 – Son of man is a term Jesus used for himself.
- 14:15-20 – This seems to be another removal of the unfaithful.
- 15:1 – Though “plague” is never an enjoyable thing, it is good that the wrath of God will soon be over.
- 16:1-21 – This describes a series of seven plagues poured out on the unrighteous of the earth.
16:15 – Here we hear Jesus’ voice inserted in the series of plagues. Jesus is breaking in to give yet another plea for people to repent. The people are hearing what is to come and his hope is to save as many as will turn