- 12:1-6 – The newborn child, though facing peril, was saved and taken to God’s throne.
- 12:7-12 – This depicts a massive battle between God’s angels and the devil and his angels. The devil is thrown down to earth, but is vicious in desperation.
- 13:1-4 – The people should not be worshipping the beast or the dragon. They are not God. They are some of the many other entities that the world chooses to follow other than God.
- 13:5-10 – For a time, evil is allowed to prevail. Those who were not already saved began to follow the evil ruler. Because the saints were temporarily defeated, this was a test of their faithfulness and patient endurance.
- 13:11-18 – Like the people of the Lord were marked and sealed for Christ, now those who follow the beast are marked for him.