- 4:5 – The number seven is used as a symbol of completion. The seven torches represent that the fullness of God was present.
- 4:8-11 – This section shows that eternity will be filled with God’s praises.
- 5:1-5 – Jesus is the fulfillment of so many things people were waiting on. He is the only one who is the Messiah they had waited on and he was the only one able to break the seals on the scroll.
- 5:6-14 – The creatures, angels, and elders all confirm and celebrate the recognition of the Messiah.
- 6:1-17 – Six of the seven seals are broken by the lamb. As each seal is broken, more of God’s wrath is released onto the earth. This is a part of the final judgment against evil and wickedness.