- 7:1-3 – Melchizedek was a special priest believed to have Christ-like qualities.
- 7:11-17 – Melchizedek and the Levites were both unable to offer salvation as Christ did because their laws were not sufficient to offer salvation to all people.
- 7:18-22 – This is a continuation of yesterday’s comparison between Melchizedek and Jesus. This continues to describe Jesus as superior to Melchizedek.
- 7:28 – God still uses sinful people for his purposes, but we still have to look to Jesus, who was perfect, for salvation.
- This section describes the new covenant that was established through Christ.
- 8:12 – Jeremiah 31:31-34 is quoted here.
- 8:13 – This is to say that the original covenant is now replaced by the new. Christ’s covenant is what we live under. God’s first covenant wasn’t bad, this one is kind of like a new edition that we should adhere to from now on.