- 3:1-10 – Paul lays out the differences between what the Colossians should focus on versus what is meaningless. They should focus on the things of God and walk away from sinful nature.
- 3:11 – Commitment to Christ trumps any other delineation.
- 3:12-17 – Beautiful verses! Definitely ones to memorize. Similar to the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians, against these good things, there is no law.
- 3:19-22 – Paul gives the Colossians a model for how to keep households operating in a loving and functional way.
- 3:23-24 – We often choose not to work hard or we try to take our frustrations out on our boss or company. Instead, we must remember that we are ultimately working to please God. We should remain faithful in our work because of this.
- 4:14 – This is the same Luke who wrote Luke and Acts.