- 1:3-4 – Paul often tells the churches that he thanks God for their faithfulness. It seems to be a true boost for him to have others also pursuing righteousness and sharing the gospel.
- 1:11-14 – Paul encourages the Colossians to draw on the strength and knowledge that God has removed them from darkness and given them the light of Christ. This allows them to spread the good news and care for others.
- 1:24-29 – Paul considers his struggles and persecution worth it when people come to full faith in God.
- 2:6 – You have the knowledge of who Christ is, now live in a way that shows it.
- 2:13-15 – Whatever it is that we were trusting in before Christ is taken away.
- 2:16-23 – No one else gets to tell us that Christ has not accepted us or that we are unacceptable to him. Of course, we are called to lovingly call out one another’s sins, but ultimately it is Christ who justifies us.