2 Corinthians 5-6
- 5:11-13 – Paul had been accused of boasting in himself and even of not being in his right mind. He says that if any of these accusations are at all true, it is solely for the sake of winning these people for Christ.
- 5:17 – We cannot be saved and remain the same as we were before. That old self is no longer, but we are made into new creations in Christ.
- 5:18-19 – We can have complete reconciliation to God through Christ. Our sins are no longer counted against us.
- 6:3-10 – Paul lists the merits of his ministry. Their boasting is not in their own accomplishments, but their ministry is legitimized by all God has brought them through and done through them.
- 6:14-18 – These verses are often used when explaining why believers should not marry nonbelievers. Similar arguments could be made for going into business with nonbelievers. Believers cannot expect nonbelievers to have the same priorities, beliefs, and understandings as them. As believers we are called to be transformed and to put Christ first. This effects every aspect of life.