1 Corinthians 15-16
- 15:3-11 – Paul recaps the gospel to the Corinthians and assures them that it doesn’t matter who they initially heard the gospel from.
- 15:12-19 – The idea that people would not one day be resurrected had gotten out amongst the Corinthians. Paul squashes this.
- 15:29 – Though it’s uncertain what this means exactly, it’s presumed that the Corinthians had started the practice of being baptized on behalf of people who didn’t come to faith before they died.
- 15:29-34 – This argument against those who say there is no resurrection from the dead for people continues from yesterday’s reading.
- 15:45 – Paul, once again, compares Adam and Jesus. They are considered the first man and the last man. One brought death, the other brought life.
- 15:55 – This verse is quoted in the Charles Wesley hymn, “Christ the Lord is Risen Today”.
- 16:8-9 – Paul was never one to turn down a fight. He vowed to stay in Ephesus for a while because God had opened a door for him despite significant resistance.