1 Corinthians 11-12
- 11:1 – The perfect model of discipleship. I can feel confident in asking you to follow me if I am confident that I am following Christ.
- 11:6 – Apparently short or shaved hair was a disgrace for women at the time. Paul is relating to the present culture to make his point.
- 11:11-12 – God brought man and woman’s dependence on one another full circle by having woman be created from man in the beginning, but now men come from women in birth.
- 11:23-26 – After Jesus’ death, we see, very early on, Christians participating in communion. Paul is reminding them what it looked like.
- 11:27-29 – This is why we have a time of confession before we take communion.
- 12:3 – This is to say that the Spirit of God cannot speak against Jesus so if we truly have the Spirit within us, we cannot speak against Jesus.
- 12:4-11 – We are all given different gifts from the Spirit and these gifts are intended for the building up of the body of Christ.
12:12-20 – All our gifts are meant to work together for the good of the group. We shouldn’t feel bad or be jealous that we don’t have certain gifts. Instead we should use our gift to our best ability in order to benefit the whole