2 Chronicles 35-36
- 35:1-19 – There had been significant periods of time, while under bad kings, that the Israelites did not observe Passover. This may seem like tedious information, but it’s showing that the Israelites were doing their best to be faithful here.
- 35:20-22 – Josiah was faithful for most of his life, but in the end, he tried to oppose the will of God and died trying.
- 36:9 – Jehoiachin is different than Jehoiakim. It’s easy to read quickly and miss that subtle transition.
- 36:15 – These “messengers” were the prophets. In the gospels, particularly in parables, there are often people who are trying to bring messages who are ignored or rejected. These characters represent the prophets as well.
- 36:22-23 – King Cyrus, a king who is not an Israelite, is called to return the exiles to their land and rebuild the temple.