1 Chronicles 22-24
- 22:1-5 – Though God did not want David to build the temple, he knew Solomon was supposed to so he helped make preparations for it.
- 22:6-10 – God had different purposes for David and Solomon. David was King of Israel during a time of war and he established Israel as a major power. God granted Solomon peace during his reign so he could build the temple.
- 22:11-13 – The Ancient Israelites were always sure to speak specific blessings over their children, particularly before they died. We would be wise to take on this practice.
- 23:5 – It’s pretty cool that a specific job was just to offer praise to the Lord all the time. Seems like a pretty sweet gig.
- 23:26-32 – The Levites’ job was to be the priests who fulfilled the rituals required by God.
- 24:1-19 – This is a way of organizing the priests so their duties can be split up. “Sons of Aaron” is always referring to priests.