- 6:1-8 – The horses and chariots seem to represent God’s power returning to Judah and Israel.
- 7:9-14 – Zerubbabel and Joshua were to work together to rebuild the temple.
- 7:8-10 – God tells the Israelites, through Zechariah, exactly how he wants them to live. He is looking for kindness, mercy, and help for the poor.
- 7:11-14 – The Israelites didn’t listen but hardened their hearts
- 8:1-8 – God promises to restore Jerusalem and paints a desirably picture of the state to which it will return.
- 8:14-17 – God reminds the Israelites of why he brought destruction on their ancestors and explains how he would like for them to live so he can fully prosper them.