- 8:21-23 – Ezra told the Babylonians God would take care of them on their journey, so now he had to put his money where his mouth is. This is why he has the people all call on the Lord through fasting and prayer.
- 8:31 – God hears their prayers for protection on their journey and answers them.
- 9:1-2 – The Israelites, and particularly the priests, had just finished traveling safely, because of God’s provisions, and have just completed their burnt offering, and immediately they’re breaking one of the main laws God has given them – to be set apart.
- 9:6-15 – Ezra’s prayer is honest and forthcoming. He confesses God’s goodness to his people and that they continue to sin against him. Particularly starting in vs. 13, Ezra seems to be very
- 10:1-5 – The Israelites realized their sin and turned away from it.
- 10:9-14 – The sin was so rampant amongst the Israelites that they were going to have to be cleansed in shifts.