- 45:18-25 – These festivals and others are spelled out in Numbers 23.
- 46:1-18 – The prince had special instructions on how to handle offerings and other rituals in the temple.
- 47:1-12 – Clearly this imagery is meant to be a metaphor for something else. Leading Ezekiel through the water of increasing depths may represent God leading us through deeper and deeper depths of trust. The good fruit growing out of the temple’s waters could represent God providing good things for the people.
- 47:13-23 – The land had to be re-divided between the Israelite tribes now that Israel is back from exile.
- 48:10 – The temple, though the original one was destroyed, was still designed to be the center of the Israelites’ existence.
- 48:35 – The Lord is There is one of the many names God is given throughout Scripture to describe something he has done for his people.