- 4:1-8 – Judah is called to repentance but there is question if the Lord will actually forgive them.
- 4:19-31 – Judah had become desolate, which was shameful. The people cried out in anguish over the sorrow of this.
- 5:1-19 – Jeremiah tells God the people are not repenting. God declares his intent to punish them for their sins and even alludes to exile.
- 5:20-31 – God reflects on the Israelites’ unwillingness to repent, how it has shaped them and declares that it’s absolutely necessary for him to punish them.
- 6:1-14 – This is God’s warning to Jerusalem to repent or face certain consequences.
6:15-30 – Jerusalem will soon face disaster