- 1:1-6—Consider this short passage as a statement of purpose for why the author wrote the book of Proverbs.
- 1:7-9—All that we know should be filtered through our fear and respect of the Lord.
- 1:10-19—Temptation is so enticing and it knows our weak spots. Ultimately, sin destroys us.
- 2:1-22—These proverbs are all intended to teach the value of wisdom- i.e. this is why you should seek out wisdom instead of anything else.
- 3:1-12—Wisdom involves trusting in the Lord- in fact, the two can’t be separated
- 3:13-35—A summary of all the ways in which a person is blessed when they gain wisdom.