- 40:1-14 – God seems angry that Job would not respond to him. Job had had so many questions for God in his previous speeches but is unwilling to speak in God’s presence.
- 40:15-41-34 – God describes both the Behemoth and the Leviathan. The original words are related to something like a hippopotamus and a crocodile, but also could have been mythical type creatures. They are both very strong and powerful and cannot be contained. The point is how much bigger and stronger they were than Job but that God was still the master of them.
- 42:1-6 – Job finally speaks and it is with utter humility.
- 42:7-9 – Ultimately Job is justified from his friends’ accusations and is able to pray for their forgiveness.
- 42:10-17 – Though Job went through a lot, God blesses him for his faithfulness even in the midst of terrible difficulty.