- 16:2-4 – Job lets his friends know they are not helping.
- 16:16-17 – With good reason, Job does not understand his plight considering he has been pure and upright throughout his life.
- 17:10-16 – Job strikes back at his friends, to some degree. He tells them he will not lay down and die but will keep crying out to God.
- 18:1-21 – Bildad continues to remind Job of the horrible fate that awaits all evil doers. Though he’s saying the same thing as the other friends, he is getting more dramatic with the illustrations.
- 19:1-29 – Job continues to cry out. He also cries out regarding his treatment by his friends asking wasn’t God’s punishment enough.