- 1:1 – This establishes that God will use Micah as a prophet and that he is to communicate God’s message to a series of kings of Judah.
- 1:2-9 – Judah will receive punishment and all the idols will be destroyed because of its sin.
- 2:1-11 – God declares the destruction those who work evil will face. Like in other books, God makes clear that he will not tolerate oppression of the week.
- 3:1-12 – This chapter denounces rulers and prophets, but it only denounces those who are not following God and are leading people astray. This is definitely not denouncing all prophets, because it is being spoken through a prophet that God has chosen to use.
- 4:6-13 – The Lord promises to rescue Zion. Zion is the mountain where Jerusalem is located.