2 Samuel 22-24
- 22:2-20 – David’s song here is almost identical to Psalm 18. David gives glory to God for his victories and recalls his relationship with God over time.
- 23:1-7 – These were not David’s last words before death but the last of that song. We see that later he asks for a drink.
- 23:14-17 – Bethlehem was David’s hometown so he wanted something from home. His request caused people to break through the camp and apparently blood was shed. David was not pleased at the consequences of his request.
- 24:14-17 – David offers the people up for his sin until he sees the destruction and then he tries to turn it back towards him.
- 24:21-25 – Though Araunah kindly offered to give David all he needed for the sacrifice. David knew he needed to have some skin in the game for his sacrifice to count.