- 13:5 – Nazirites were set apart for God’s service and had special rules including never cutting their hair, drinking alcohol, or coming into contact with a dead body.
- 13:8 – A prayer we should all pray for our children.
- 14:12-19 – Though the riddle is a little odd, it was obvious that Samson’s wife had betrayed him and cared more for her people than for him by telling the men the answer. Only Sampson had had the experience with the lion and bees and no one else could have known the answer.
- 15:11-16 – Samson was known for his incredible strength.
- 15:18-20 – It is a common theme that Biblical characters have some sort of extreme, miraculous experience with God and then panic and cry out to God for something that seems like an easy fix. God always comes through in both the easy and the hard.