- 30: 6 – The Israelites outward sign of covenant was male circumcision, but here he calls them to make the same commitment with their heart – an inward renewal.
- 30:11 – We are often under the illusion that what God calls us to do is actually impossible, yet Moses reminds us that we are able.
- 31: 1-6 – Moses hands the reigns over to Joshua and reminds he and the Israelites that God goes with them and won’t forsake them so they have no reason to fear.
- 31: 16-18 – As Moses is about to die, this must have been hard information to hear about the people he loves and has led for so long.
- 31:23 – Joshua was qualified to take over for Moses because he was a great military leader, when the 12 spies went to check out the Promised Land, only he and Caleb trusted that God would protect them against the larger inhabitants of the land, and he was called and appointed by God.