- The Ark of the Covenant, which the Israelites carried around with them, contained the 10 Commandments tablets.
- 10: 12-13 – A good goal for anyone who wants to follow God.
- 10: 16 – The Israelites used circumcision as an outward sign of their connection with God. Moses now calls them to an inward commitment to God.
- 11: 1-7 – Our response to God’s faithfulness should be obedience.
- 11: 26-28 – We would often prefer that God just present the blessing and not present a curse as well. We want freewill when it gives us freedom, but don’t like it when it allows us to fail.
- Chapter 12: One theme that is emphasized over and over in the first few books of the Bible is not to get involved with the nations that God wants the Israelites to destroy. God seems very concerned that they will allow the other nation to influence them and eventually the Israelites will worship the other nations’ gods.