- 14: 21 – Note that modifications were made for those who were poor, but everyone still had to offer something.
- 14: 34 – Why would God put leprous disease in an Israelites house if it is unclean? Remember, being unclean wasn’t necessarily because you had sinned and it wasn’t sinful to be unclean.
- The priests must have been extremely busy with leprosy cases considering all the checks and double-checks they had to perform.
- One of the reasons why lepers are considered unclean and required to live separate from the rest of their people was to prevent the disease from spreading. “Leprosy” in scripture refers to a very wide variety of skin disorders.
- Chapter 15: Some things that we consider very personal must have been more public in their culture to help others avoid becoming unclean because of you.
- 15: 19-30 – Women were unclean during their period but did not have to give an offering for it. Women did have to give a sin offering if they had some other type of blood discharge.