- 25:1-7 – These were special offerings requested so the Israelites could build a tabernacle for God.
- 25:8-9 – The Tabernacle was God’s mobile house. The Israelites couldn’t build a temple yet because they were still nomadic.
- 25:9-40 – Like with Noah, when building his ark, God gives Moses very specific construction instructions.
- 26:33-34 – Only certain people were allowed in certain areas of the tabernacle. In the Holy Place, only priests were allowed and in the Most Holy Place, only one priest, who was chosen each time someone needed to enter, could go in.
- If you were building a dwelling place for God, wouldn’t you want specific instructions?
The image on the left is the whole Tabernacle, including the courtyard. The one on the right is a close-up cutaway view of the Temple and the Most Holy Place within the Tabernacle.