You did it! You finished! Today is your last day of reading…for 2017. I hope you gained so much from your reading and now feel closer, in some way, to God. It may be too soon, but may I encourage you to pick up the new plan tomorrow? The Bible is the living word of God. As you read through it again, you’ll gain new insights, read things differently, and hear from God in a new way. It was worth it this year. It will be worth it in 2018 too!
- 1-7 – Part of this prophecy sounds like it’s talking about the Messiah and part sounds like it’s John the Baptist. Either way, it is later fulfilled.
- 1-3 – A day of judgment is prophecied.
- 5-6 – John the Baptist was often associated with Elijah.
- 8-9 – As we all do, John confused something of God with God and worshipped the angel. The angel quickly redirected him to worship God.
- 17 – This is an open invitation to all who recognize their need for Christ to come and receive new life.
- Whatever you have, praise God with it. No excuses.
- These verses make it clear what should matter in a woman’s worth. Physical beauty is not one of them.