Zechariah and Revelation are both about enemies and destruction. So, on a happier note, our psalm reminds us that we should all offer praise to God simply because he gave us life. So let’s all praise God!
- 1-21 – This chapter describes the day of the Lord and what God’s enemies should expect on that day. It does not sound good for his enemies.
- 1-6 – This thousand year time period seems to be one of relative calm in the vision. The angel has contained Satan and those who have been faithful thus far are rewarded.
- 7-15 – Satan, all those who were judged as unfaithful, and death and hades are all thrown into the like of fire – aka hell.
- This psalm encourages nature and all of humanity to praise God. The only reasoning given of why is simply that God gave it all life. That sounds like reason enough.
- Our world would have a lot less sin and pain if those of us with power would stand up for the weak. Instead we often give ourselves the pass asking, “what can I do?”