Though we’re fine singing along with thousands of others to our school song or favorite band’s number one hit, we often feel weird singing praise to God. Today’s psalm gives us a good reason to though – simply because we are saved. God looked on us and offered salvation and that is reason enough to sing praises to him – even if it feels a little uncomfortable at first.
- 23-33 – A prophecy against Damascus.
- 1-20 – This prophecy declares that Judah, though unlikely, will eventually overthrow Babylon and Babylon will become a laughing stock.
- 5-9 – These are characteristics required for certain kinds of Christian leadership.
- Psalm 97 paints an incredible picture of God’s power. As you read, try to picture what it’s describing in your mind.
- 1-2 – Regardless of our circumstances, we have reason to praise God with a great new song simply because we have received salvation.
- This sluggard guy sounds awful! It does not sound like someone I want to be.