Do you ever feel like the critics know more about our faith and the Bible than we do? I remember being confronted by an atheist when I was in college. He talked to me about biblical contradictions and I realized he knew more about the Bible than I did. Paul encourages Timothy, in today’s 2 Timothy reading, to always be prepared to defend the gospel because others will always be ready to attack it. I’d encourage all of us to do the same.
- The next two chapters are a pronouncement of judgments on various lands including Moab and Ammon.
2 Timothy 4:1-22:
- 1-5 – Timothy needed to always be ready to share and defend the gospel because the opposition always was.
- 9-18 – Paul deals with practical matters but asserts his certainty that God would protect him no matter what opposed him.
- 6-11 – God’s faithfulness to the Israelites despite their wanderings is reiterated.
- A list of foolish people and how foolish it is to entrust foolish people with anything.