Though Esther is a unique book, it’s understandable why it was included in Scripture. The Jews narrowly escaped total extinction by an evil man and a weasel king. Purim is still celebrated by Jews today as they remember God’s incredible provision and creativity in assuring that they were not wiped out.
- 10 – The Jews choosing not to plunder their enemies is supposed to be a sign that this was a holy war.
- 23-28 – Purim is a Jewish holiday still observed to this day. It is one of their most joyous occasions as they celebrate avoiding extermination at the hands of Haman.
1 Corinthians 12:27-13:13:
- 1-13 – Known as “the love chapter”, 1 Corinthians 13 is popular at weddings. It is actually helpful in all walks of life when thinking about what it means to love. If you want to know if you’re being loving or if someone is showing you love, place it up against these requirements.
- 1 – We do tend to envy wrongdoers because it often seems they get good things easily and are able to take shortcuts. We want their ease of success and don’t always recognize that that success is often short-lived and always dishonoring to God.
- David continually encourages the hearer of this psalm not to worry about those who are unfaithful and to focus on waiting on the Lord.
- 23 – Our mouths tend to get us into trouble. It is wise to watch our words and think through them carefully.