As if you didn’t already know that One Direction had a fragrance…
To be honest, I thought the bottle said “One Moment” instead of “Our Moment”. “One moment” makes me think of today’s Luke reading where the soon-t0-be disciples encounter Jesus one time. They have one experience with him and he tells them to follow him and they do. How many times did I have to hear about Jesus before I decided to follow him? But also, it makes me want to share Jesus with people as often as possible, because maybe they’ll just need one moment to get it.
- Moses sniffs out the fear of the leaders of the tribes of Reuben and Gad. They do not want to go to war to inherit the land God has promised to them. Eventually they come to a compromise where they will still fight, but leave their children and livestock behind.
- 3-4 – This is referring back to the original death of all the firstborns in Exodus. This is not a new series of first borns who die.
- 33-34 – Though most people did not recognize Jesus’ identity, spirits, both clean (the Holy Spirit inside of Elizabeth) and unclean, seemed to recognize him.
- 43 – Many people believe that Jesus’ sole purpose on earth was his death. Verses like this refute that and prove that Jesus’ life and ministry also held great importance.
- 10-11 – One encounter with Jesus caused these men to leave their regular life to follow Jesus.
- Jewish people consider pigs to be unclean. Wasting gold on an unclean animal is like wasting the beauty and goodness of a woman on someone who will throw themselves around as if they weren’t created in the image of God.