Mark warns us that in the end times there will be false prophets claiming that they are the Messiah. This has happened many times in history, but Scripture says that we’ll all know when Christ comes back.
- 14-19 – God proves himself willing to take a substitute for what he originally required. Originally he claimed all first borns as his own. Now he will accept the Levites as a substitute for all first borns. This is reminiscent of how he accepted the death of Jesus for all of our sins.
- 15-23 – The cloud was a very clear sign of what the Lord wanted of the Israelites. We often would like something as obvious and tangible as a cloud telling us where and when to go.
- 22-23 – False prophets’ job is to lead believers astray.
- 32 – Many people and groups try to predict when Jesus will come back, but none should be trusted because no one knows.
- Those who do evil often get away with it for a while, but God sees the evil and will deal with it in time.