Numbers 6:24-26 is a beautiful blessing Aaron told the priests to pray over the Israelites. It is a great one for us to pray over those whom we love.
- 1-21 – Nazirites, by taking a vow into the priesthood were set apart with specific regulations. They couldn’t drink alcohol, cut their hair, or be near a dead person. Levites were priests who were born into it. Nazirites were priests who chose to be.
- 24-26 – This is often used as a blessing or benediction at the end of church gatherings. Many youth groups use it.
- 38-40 – Jesus puts the scribes’ desire to be in places of honor and noticed for their holy actions in contrast with what he has instructed his followers to do – humble themselves and let the last be first.
- 41-44 – It’s not the amount but the sacrifice that God values.
- 11 – An example of how God provides exactly what we need.