- 9-10 – This was an ancient way of assuring the poor had food.
- 13-14 – Care for people with special needs
- 27 – This is why Hassidic Jews have the long, dangling, curly side burns and beards.
- Note the religious leaders and Jesus were constantly at odds. The religious leaders were nervous about Jesus’ movement getting traction. They constantly tried to discount his ministry.
- 33 – A harsh criticism of Peter, but Jesus knew what he was here to do.
- 34 – What is your cross?
- Note that this Psalm is not written by David but it still, though filled with lament, begins and ends with praise.