Though we often complicate it and make things far more difficult than they should be, Jesus gives us one job as his parting words – go and make disciples. So that’s it – tell other people about Jesus and help them follow him.
- God cares about the details.
- It is significant that women were the first to witness Jesus’ resurrection and disappearance from the grave. Women’s testimonies did not count in court.
- 11-12 – The chief priests immediately try to discount the account of Jesus’ resurrection. At the time Matthew was written, the rumor they started was still being spread.
- 18-20 – This is known as The Great Commission. This passage is used as reason for evangelism.
- 11 – “Fear of the Lord” refers to a type of awe and respect.