Really Israelites? Did you really, so quickly, believe that Moses wouldn’t come down from the mountain? Really? And had you really already forgotten the whole parting the sea incident? Really? I mean, come on. A golden calf? Really?
- 1-6 – When the Israelites feel abandoned, they are quick to demand some form of god. Aaron, the head priest, and brother and right-hand-man of Moses, obliges.
- 11-14 – Proof that God does listen to prayer.
- 18-20 – Moses must have been so disappointed. He had put in so much effort to lead these people from slavery and eventually to the Promised Land. It must have been like a parent finding out their teenager is on drugs.
- 24 – A lie. Vs. 4 explains that Aaron fashioned the calf with tools.
- 11 – Seeing God face to face is pretty incredible considering the glory of the Lord was so great that most of the Israelites weren’t even allowed to touch Mt. Sinai when God met with Moses on the top of it.
- 16 – It is God’s presence with them that makes the Israelites distinct.
- 19-23 – Even though it’s just his back, Moses is the only person to actually see God.
- 69-75 – Even after being warned, Peter denies Jesus 3 times. On the flip side, though, Peter is the only disciple who goes to where Jesus is despite the danger.
- 3-8 – Judas feels regret to the point of returning the money and killing himself.
- 14 – Jesus did not respond to allegations. This was to fulfill a prophecy.
- The first Psalm not attributed to David.