We would all like to identify with the sheep in Matthew 25, but there are still hungry people, those who are cold in the winter, and those who sit lonely in prison. So who are we really? Read and find out.
- 1 – Aaron and his sons become Israel’s priests.
- 2 – The priestly garments are made “for glory and for beauty.” The tabernacle was built in similar fashion as are sanctuaries today. Places and things that represent God should do so to reflect who God is including his majesty and beauty.
- 42- Other than the fig leaves in the garden, this is the first time underwear is mentioned.
- 31-46 – A famous passage calling us to serve those who are the least in our society as if we were serving Christ.
- 6-13 – Interesting placement after the mandate to serve the least of these and then the woman is praised for using expensive things on Jesus that could have been used for the poor. This is a case of doing what is good versus doing what is best.
- Encouragement to call on and trust in God even in the worst of circumstances.