Yes, we’ve been waiting for over 2,000 years and, who knows, we may still be waiting for a while. Many people have tried to find clues and solve equations to figure out when Jesus is coming back, but the truth is, God said no one knows. We are instructed, however, to always be ready, which means to remain faithful in all circumstances.
- This section of reading is a variety of rules for living in society.
- 22-24 – Throughout Scripture, widows and orphans get special protection.
- 29-30 – Often we give from what we have left over after we’ve spent as much as we want. We are to give from our first and best.
- 1-7 – Many people try to predict the end of the world based on various Scriptures and what they perceive to be the fulfillment, but Scripture says no one knows the timing.
- 27 – We don’t need to believe folks like David Koresh who come and say they are the Messiah. Scripture says we’ll all know when Jesus is back.
- Sin and temptation are attractive, constantly available, and trying to draw us in at all costs.