- 24: The book of Hebrews also mentions Enoch and how, because he pleased God, he did not experience death but was simply taken.
- 25-27 – Methuselah is the oldest recorded person in the Bible.
- 6 – A powerful verse suggesting the extreme extent of man’s wickedness and the degree to which it pains God.
- 8-9 – Noah seems to be the only person on earth who is purposefully walking with God.
- 22 & 7:5 – It is noted throughout the Bible when people follow God’s instructions exactly. This should be our goal too.
- 7-10 – John recognized that the Pharisees and Saducees were not getting baptized to put their faith in the Lord, but simply to check the box like they tended to do. Their lives did not bear the fruit of a life of repentance.
- 14 – John understandably felt unworthy to baptize Jesus.
- 17 – A powerful image for any witnesses that day as Jesus is filled with the Holy Spirit and publicly professed by God.
- Note that the devil twists the meaning of Scripture to try to tempt Jesus. If we don’t know Scripture, how much more could the devil do this to us?
- Though David continually faced formidable foes, he is just as frequently confessing his faith in God’s ability to protect him.
Temptation is so enticing and it knows our weak spots. Ultimately, sin destroys us.